Sunday 5 July 2015

Have Courage...

                                     



Have Courage…

and kindness with a little bit of magic in order to see the world not as it is but as it could be. Cinderella (Quoted from the movie watched on the plane ride from Edmonton to Amsterdam on July 3, 2015)

As I embark on my Reggio Emilia experience, alongside my colleague, Keri, I am feeling inspired by the words of Cinderella and her prince as they move forward in a life threatened by hardship and adversity. They are comforted by the words Courage, Kindness and Magic! It is these words along with Gratitude that are inspiring me as I begin this journey!

As Cinderella moves forward, I too am moving forward, not only in a literal sense (crossing the Atlantic Ocean as I type), but also in a metaphorical sense. I am moving forward and growing, “from the bottom up and the inside out” as Douglas Wood says in his book, The Things Trees Know.


It is with gratitude to my mentor and colleague, Karen, that I am able to make this huge leap of faith, with courage. Thank you Karen for quoting Douglas Wood often, with your prompting to, “Get Big”. Not only am I visiting the International Summer School: “The Reggio Emilia Approach - Quality Education to feed the planet”, but I am also preparing to begin my work as a Consultant for the Early Years. All the while, I will be taking my first Graduate level course at the University of Alberta, in the Fall.


I am open to possibility and eager to meet the people of Reggio!


Let the adventure begin!


A dream is a wish your heart makes!



1 comment:

  1. Celebrating the adventure!!!! Your posting brings bell hooks to mind. She offers this sentence at the end of her 2003 book, "Teaching Community: A Pedagogy of Hope": "Moving through that fear, finding out what connects us, revelling in our differences; this is the process that brings us closer, that gives us a world of shared values, of meaningful community." (bell hooks, 2003, p. 197)

    ReplyDelete